A good chocolate buttercream frosting recipe is like money in the bank, you know you have it and you’ve already planned a million ways you’re going to use it.
You will love this, and the only thing better than printing off this recipe would be to have some stashed in the freezer as a “break in case of emergency” midnight spoonful snack… Don’t mind if I do!
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 1/4 lb Unsalted Butter (conversion: 4oz, 8tbs,1/2 cup or 1 stick)
- 3 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 cup Ghirardelli 100% Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup Whole Milk, Vitamin D
- In stand mixer with paddle attachment or with medium blow and hand-mixer beat the butter until light and fluffy.
- In second bowl sift together Sugar and Cocoa.
- Beat into the butter the dry ingredients-in thirds alternating with the addition of the milk.
- Blend until smooth.
- Store buttercream icing in the freezer in a clean, airtight container for up to two months, making sure to date the container. When ready to use, transfer it to the refrigerator and thaw overnight.
Here is one of our YouTube videos when Kate used this Chocolate Buttercream Frosting recipe to ice our Decadent Chocolate Cherry Layer Cake.