- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cups pecan halves
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 cup water
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together. Mix nuts and sugar mixture in sauce pan.
- Combine vanilla and water in measuring cup. Add liquid to mixture in pan.
- Spread nuts evenly in bottom of pan. Stir nuts well.
- Heat pan on medium high heat, stirring often.
- Sugar mixture will quickly turn into a thick liquid, boil gently during cooking process.
- Stir contents slowly and continuously to keep mixture coating nuts at all times until liquid evaporates and nuts are glazed (5 to 10 minutes).
- When the liquid is evaporated and stirring becomes more difficult the nuts are done. (Do not overcook)
- Remove pan from heat.
- Spread onto silicone baking mat or wax paper.
- Quickly spray a little water over nuts.