Baileys is a great to have on hand for drinking on the rocks, as added in coffee, or utilized in baking, but there is no need to purchase this genial concoction from a store. Making it yourself allows you the control of sweetness and alcohol, affords the comfort in knowing whats you’re supplying your body with, and it also requires refrigeration as should presumably be the case in cream based products. The best part though, is that it only takes 2 minutes to make.
1/4 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
2 Cups Jameson Irish Whiskey
1 Cup Light Cream
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 tsp Instant Coffee
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Almond Extract
- Heat 1/4c Milk in microwave until just simmering, about 45 seconds. Pour in chocolate and stir until melted. Heat for another 15 seconds to fully combine.
- Pour all ingredients into a blender and blend on high for 1 minute.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to two months.
- I use an empty cleaned milk jug for storage.
- Condensed Milk is what keeps this product good for the extended amount of time. It is simply milk that has had some water removed and has sugar added to prevent spoilage.
- Do not try to freeze this, it has alcohol and will separate.